A warming and delicious cool weather soup, this spicy vegetable soup will leave you feeling souper!
The ingredient of Spinach and coconut soup
- 2 bunches English spinach, stems trimmed
- 25g butter
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1/2 (700g) cauliflower, cut into florets
- 270ml can coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Naan bread, warmed, to serve
The instruction how to make Spinach and coconut soup
- Rinse spinach leaves, shaking off excess water. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add stock and cauliflower. Cover and bring to the boil. Cook for 8 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Add spinach and cook for 2 minutes or until just wilted.
- Using a food processor or blender, process soup in batches, until smooth. Return soup to saucepan. Place over medium heat.
- Add 1 cup coconut milk, nutmeg and cayenne pepper. Bring to gentle simmer. Ladle into cups. Drizzle with remaining coconut milk. Season with pepper. Serve with naan bread.
Nutritions of Spinach and coconut soupfatContent: 255.252 calories
saturatedFatContent: 18 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 11 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 11 grams protein
sodiumContent: 14 milligrams cholesterol