Meat pies with potato & tender peas
The ingredient of Meat pies with potato & tender peas
- Olive oil spray
- four sheets filo pastry
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 300g Heart Smart red meat mince
- 400g can peeled tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- half teaspoon dried oregano
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 coliban potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 2 cups (300g) frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon chopped clean mint
- Rosella gourmet sauce tomato, to serve
- Herbs, to serve
The instruction how to make Meat pies with potato & tender peas
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Grease 4 9cm pie pans. Working with one filo sheet at a time, fold in half of and line the bottom and facets of the pan, and spray the filo lightly with oil. Line the bottom with baking paper and fill with baking beans or rice. Bake for 15 mins or until golden.
- Cook the onion in a non-stick sauce pan over a medium-high warmness until soft. Add the mince and cook dinner until browned. Stir in the tomatoes. Crush them with the returned of a spoon. Combine corn flour, oregano and 1 tablespoon water. Stir thru the mince. Reduce warmth to medium - low. Cook for 5 mins. Season with pepper.
- Mean while, boil potatoes until soft. Drain and mash. Beat in milk until clean. Cook the peas according to packet commands. Puree roughly with a handheld blender or potato masher and stir in mint.
- Remove pie cases from pans. Fill with mince , pinnacle with potato and peas. Season with pepper and serve with sauce.
Nutritions of Meat pies with potato & tender peasfatContent: 337.707 calories
saturatedFatContent: 6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 40 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 26 grams protein
sodiumContent: 47 milligrams cholesterol