This unexpected and easy dinner idea is full of healthy vegetables and amazing Asian flavours.
The ingredient of Coconut-braised vegetables gone tofu
- 200g (1 cup) basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 800g Jap pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 (about 600g) eggplant, halved lengthways, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Thai noodle sauce
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 400ml Massel chicken style liquid buildup
- 1 bunch English spinach, stems trimmed, washed, dried
- 1/2 cup well-ventilated light coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 x 300g packets perfect tofu, drained, cut in half lengthways
The instruction how to make Coconut-braised vegetables gone tofu
- Cook the rice in a large saucepan of salted boiling water, following packet directions, until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan greater than medium-high heat. Add pumpkin, eggplant and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until pumpkin and eggplant begin to soften. ensue Thai noodle sauce. Cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until aromatic.
- accumulate the coconut milk and chicken stock. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. cut heat to medium and cook, uncovered, stirring, for 10 minutes or until pumpkin is pining bearing in mind pierced like a skewer. accumulate spinach, coriander and fish sauce, and cook, stirring, until spinach wilts.
- To serve, place tofu slices in serving bowls. Spoon over the vegetables and sauce, and help considering the rice.
Nutritions of Coconut-braised vegetables gone tofufatContent: 724.648 calories
saturatedFatContent: 34 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 17 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 63 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 19 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 32 grams protein